This is a post by Sarah!
If you love giving classic recipes a new twist, give this cherry almond pie a whirl!
- 2 Pie Crusts (find recipe here)
- 4 3/4 cups of cherries, pitted
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup of honey
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Almond slices
- 1 egg
1. Make pie crusts, line first crust into pie pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix cherries, corn starch, almond extract, salt, honey and nutmeg.
3. Pour mixture into pie pan.
4. Put your second pie crust over the top, and pinch edges together.
5. Crack egg into bowl and mix well for egg wash, brush the edge of your pie crust.
6. Sprinkle almond slivers onto egg wash, then make 2-4 slits in crust.
7. Bake at 425 degrees for 45 minutes.
Want to hear a funny story? For this pie, I used a tart pan rather than a pie pan, so pretty right? Not worth it! I made a rookie mistake, and the juices kept spilling out from underneath the tart pan, so I constantly had to change out the foil lined baking sheet below it so it didn’t overflow and start smoking. My neighbors would not have been happy about the fire alarms going off at 11:30 pm! It was the most stressful baking ever. Ha! So all in all, I’d recommend you use your trusty pie pan!