Let’s just go ahead and say that this recipe is A-mazing. I started with the five little homesteader‘s recipe for chocolate chip banana bread, but then I changed a few things!
You may or may not know that an easy way to add protein and cut carbs in baked goods by substituting some of the flour for almond meal, which is just ground up almonds). This little tactic makes me feel like eating banana bread isn’t so horrible. And in my opinion the added fat and mild nutty flavor is delicious! Let me know what you think!
Here is my new version.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread with Almond Meal
1 c sugar
1/2 c coconut oil
3 mashed, overly-ripe bananas
1/2 c coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c flour
1 cup almond meal
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 a bag of Trader Joe’s Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease two loaf pans.
2. Mix sugar and coconut oil.
3. Stir in eggs, bananas, coconut milk, and vanilla
4. Stir in flour, almond meal, baking soda, and salt.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Divide batter between the two pans.
7. Bake for 45 minutes.