This cake stand may be the easiest DIY project you ever tackle, and you may even feel a little guilty knowing how easy it was. The end result is not only beautiful, but will take you about five minutes to make.
Here are the supplies you’ll need for your DIY cake stand:
- Candle stick or small vase
- Super glue
That’s it. Sounds too good to be true doesn’t it?
- Wash and dry all of the pieces. Working with a clean surface ensures maximum adhesion is achieved.
- Set your plate on top of the glass and find out where the center is. Some plates are not flat on the bottom so this is an important step. Feel free to draw a guide with a washable marker so you know where to put the glue.
- After you’ve found the center of plate, pour the super glue on your base (make sure you get glue that is quick drying and can be used on glass).
- Immediately attach the base to the plate and adjust it very quickly if needed. Now here’s the hard part, at least for me, don’t touch it! Let the glue do it’s thing.
- It’s okay if it’s not perfect. This piece is meant to be unique and it will still serve it’s purpose just fine. And who doesn’t like a little funk in their crafts? You’ll notice one of ours came out a bit wonky, it’s okay – we love it!
We found everything we needed at a local thrift store and hardware store, and spent about $20 to make three cake stands.
If you already have some of the supplies, you’ll spend even less. We went with a simple pattern on the plates, but a colorful floral pattern or bold tones would be fun as well!
Have fun crafting and keep it fancy!
Photography by Sarah Waggoner