Flourless Mexican Chocolate Cake Recipe
This flourless Mexican chocolate cake recipe will make you dance in your seat. The added spice and soul to this cake makes it a romantic must have this Valentine’s Day.
This spicy version of flourless chocolate cake was introduced to me by my imaginative friend Brian. I have asked him to help supply Fancy Nonsense with new takes on classic recipes. And I am thrilled to see that he did just that with this stunning confectionery delight.
While researching flour-less chocolate cakes it became evident that they weren’t actually flour-less. Every. Single. Recipe. said to butter and flour the pan. It made us laugh. So we “sugared” our pan and it actually had a cool effect, like an extremely faint crunch as you bite in.
6 eggs, separated
8 Tbs. (1 stick) butter, plus a bit for buttering pan
10 oz dark chocolate (chips, bars, whatever is your favorite)
1 good pinch salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. cayenne
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Butter and sugar 9 in. cake pan lined with parchment
3. Melt butter and chocolate in double boiler (or in microwave)
4. In a bowl, whip egg whites to stiff peaks
5. In separate bowl, whip egg yolks and sugar until fluffy
6. Mix in cinnamon, cayenne, salt, and vanilla
7. Temper (aka slowly add) chocolate into yolks
8. Fold in egg whites
9. Bake for 30-35 min. until tester in the center comes out almost clean (a bit gooey inside)
10. Let cake rest for 20-30 min. and enjoy!
What is your favorite cake? This one is now on the top of my list!
For more flourless chocolate inspiration check out these recipes: