Raspberry Simple Syrup Recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups washed raspberries
- Bring the sugar, water and fruit to a boil in a heavy saucepan.
- Turn down the heat and allow the mix to simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the fruit is very soft and coming apart.
- Remove from heat. (Optional: You can pour syrup and fruit through a sieve now if you want it to be just syrup. But I made this for a cocktail and I wanted the fruit and seeds for the drink.)
- Allow to fully cool.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
There are many uses for simple syrups
- You can add it to club soda for a fresh homemade fruit soda
- Make a flavored lemonade or iced tea
- Use it to flavor plain yogurt
- Or if you want to get buck wild add it in your pancake batter on a Saturday morning and surprise your kids with pink pancakes!
The possibilities are really endless on flavors. I have made a strawberry one that is extremely delicious. I want to try my hand at peach this summer!
Photography by Sarah Waggoner