My love for margaritas runs deep. Lauren’s vice right now is bourbon, mine is tequila. Growing up in southern California, I quickly grew an appreciation for Mexican culture. Their food is my favorite, I love it so much I can’t imagine living anywhere that I can’t get a good taco. I love their music and dancing and beautiful language. Their vibrant use of color never fails to be inspiring. But the thing I might enjoy the most is tequila – especially in margarita form!
This watermelon jalapeno margarita is sweet and has a bit of heat. I love how fun this recipe is! The jalapeno slices infuse the cocktail with a nice kick. Typically margaritas have a salted rim, but for this recipe I recommend a sugared rim. It gives a sweet balance to the jalapenos. This recipe is also perfect for Cinco de Mayo, which is right around the corner!
Watermelon Jalapeno Margarita Recipe
4 ounces watermelon juice
2 ounces lime juice
2 ounces tequila
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
Watermelon and Jalapeno slices for garnish
- Blend fresh watermelon and strain through mesh strainer, measure out 4 ounces
- Squeeze fresh lime juice, measure out 2 ounces
- Combine both juices, tequila, sugar and ice in shaker, shake for about 45 seconds
- Pour over ice in sugar rimmed glass
- Add watermelon and jalapeno garnish
Photography by Sarah Waggoner